Is it dangerous if a CFL breaks in your home?



  1. 0 Votes

    It can be a danger if not cleaned up properly due to small amount of mercury in the light bulbs themselves. Though it is only a small amount, it can cause terrible toxic reactions, and contact with the substance should be avoided at all costs. If the bulb breaks, be sure to let the room air out for about 15 minutes. Pick up the pieces with gloves to be safe, and be sure to wipe up the residue with a wet cloth. Put all pieces and the cloth in a sealable bag or container, to prevent further contamination. Mercury can be very dangerous, and should be handles as such.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!