Is it dangerous to accidentally eat moldy bread?

1

Answers


  1. 0 Votes

    Unpleasant, yes, but it is unlikely to be dangerous if one accidentally eats moldy bread, especially if it is a small amount. Some molds are harmless altogether, while others may cause nausea or stomach problems. The only mold that is ‘unsafe’ to eat is black mold, because it releases mycotoxins into the areas in which it thrives. These can make you very sick, especially if your immune system is compromised from other diseases. In fact, this mold can make you sick even if you don’t consume it; black mold poisoning is a common problem in your home.

    If you are concerned, you should consult a doctor immediately. That being said, if someone consumes a little bit of moldy bread, the worst condition they will face is most likely an upset stomach. 

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!