Is it the city or state that requires and Environmental Impact Report from new building projects?



  1. 0 Votes

    This really depends on where you live… unless you are going to build a federal building or you’re using federal funding you may not be required to provide a report which if you were federally supervised would be called an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), rather than a report which is more commonly reserved for state supervised projects. I’ve provided links to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) website as well as a wiki which gives an idea of the scope of California’s environmental policy in this area. After Nixon passed NEPA requiring that federal projects provide an EIA, California did almost exactly the same thing. It’s thereby feasible to think that the state or if not the state then the city passed similar legislation for such requirements.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!