It depends on the form of mercury.
Most often, touching mercury is not harmful. However, you run the risk of introducing the mercury into the blood stream through an open wound or accidentally ingesting it through your eyes, nose, or mouth. Mercury should be handled with great care.
Well, you won’t be poisoned if you touch mercury bare-handed BUT mercury-containing materials are usually toxic. Elemental, or liquid, mercury is pretty much harmless but if it is vaporized or mixed with another element, it can have a potentially harmful side-effect. Also, if you touch mercury with an open wound, that can also be very harmful since it can flow into the blood stream.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC