Is the ink that an octopus or a squid squirts out dangerous to humans?



  1. 0 Votes

    The ink is not dangerous, but all octopi are venomous and carry a separate gland for venom. The octopus has an feature that is toxic to humans, but it is not the ink.

  2. 0 Votes

    It can be very messy, but it’s not dangerous.  Many octopuses and squids also have a poison, but it’s almost always too weak to harm humans. The exception to this is the Australian blue ringed octopus, which is quite deadly.

  3. 0 Votes

    The ink of an octopus is made up of mostly melanin (for color) and mucus, with a few chemicals and amino acids. The inks of squids and octopus have been included in recipes for years…yum, mucus… to no harmful effect of restaurant goers.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!