If you were in charge of the world how would you handle energy production?

If I were in charge of the world I would shift energy production to renewable sources such as wind, wave, and solar. While waiting for those sources to kick in I would expand the use of nuclear power as a means of limiting our dependence on fossil fuels and reducing the global levels of carbon emissions.

I would try to promote energy efficiency while putting more efforts and research into renewable sources of energy. Energy efficiency will be huge in the next few years because it will also be a great impact regardless of what kind of electricity you are using if you are wasting 1/3 of it all the time. I would give people who choose energy efficient technology and appliances, and energy efficient homes that don’t leak, a discount on their electricity.