If you could get rid of one car in the world what would it be?

Answers

Hands down, the hummer. It is just a giant waste of gas. Is there really a need to drive down small town USA in an armored assault vehicle?

I’d get rid of the Escalade or Navigator. Hummers seem like the obvious choice, but Hummer sales are down, and in general, not that many are made or sold annually. The Escalade and Navigator both are enormous vehicles weighing over 6,000 pounds and and get about 15 or 16 miles per gallon. And they serve a purpose of being more of a symbol of one’s success than a purpose of functionality. Fortunately, these vehicles are now being fitted with alternative fuel and hybrid technology.

In 2008, the following cars were named the worst. In order:

HUMMER H2 FFVb
    LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO /MURCIELAGO ROADSTERc
    GMC YUKON 2500d
    MERCEDES-BENZ G55 AMG
    MAYBACH 57S / 62Se
    LINCOLN NAVIGATOR FFVf
    GMC SIERRA K2500b
    MERCEDES-BENZ ML63 AMG
    JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
    DODGE RAM 2500 MEGA CABb
    CHEVROLET SUBURBAN K1500b
    FORD F-250

Applying jharp’s logic, the laborghini or the yukon would probably be the logic choice then, no?

The Hummer. It is not fuel efficient, the body style is too large and for some reason the majority of people who drive Hummers are just not cool people.

I think I’m going to have to one-up the previous answers and say the Hummer limousine. Those things are massive and can only be connected to outrageous people and events. Limousines in general are a gigantic (literally) waste of resources because there is so much empty space that is being driven around.

Far and above, The Hummer cars. They are amazing for the military but as a civilian vehicle they are ridiculous.

Hummer, hands down, no contest.

I would have to agree with everyone else and say the Hummer.  It is obnoxious and unnecessary, not to mention expensive.  The environment could really benefit from the end of the Hummer.

What disgusts me even more than the Hummer is the stretch Hummer.  It’s absolutely excessive and makes me sick to my stomach every time I see one.  We all know why Hummers are bad – so why go out of our way to make a car that’s more Hummer than anyone ever needs?