If you could bring back 1 animal that I extinct what would it be?

Only known photograph of a quagga.Only known photograph of a quagga.

I would bring back the quagga.  It looked like a mixture between a zebra and a donkey, with stripes on only its head and neck.  Its unique pelt made it popular with hunters and, sadly, the last quagga died in captivity in 1883.  

Plus, the quagga (if brought back) is probably unlikely to lethally harm anyone.  There are a lot of Triassic sea monsters that are really awesome, but I wouldn’t want to meet with one in real life.  

The Giant Sloth  or Ground Sloth.  They were believed to have lived in both North and South America, with their range running from Alaska, all the way down to Patagonia.  Scientist believe they weighed as much as 5 tons and stood up to 17 feet tall.

The Wolly Mammoth. It is likely that a combination of the decline of the ice age and overhunting caused this species to go extinct. I think it would be amazing to bring this species back. Wolly mammoths also have potential to improve the steppe environment through rewilding programs. Scientists in Japan are trying to clone a wolly mammoth with dna extracted from a carcass.

I’m going to go with the Archelon or, giant sea turtle.  These guys had similar diets as turtles today, fish, jellyfish, plants and lived in the Cretaceous period, 65 to 146 million years ago.  Some remains found across Kansas and South Dakota reach up to 15 feet in length, a turtle bigger than a great white?!

I would probably have to say the Saber tooth tiger. Ever since I was a little kid I always had a strange fascination with this animal. I must have been overwhlemed by the size of its large tusks. They seemed like magnificent creatures, and I’m saddened that they no longer exist (although probably a good thing, since they were rather deadly).

Here’s a link to a site explaining various types of extinct animals, along with the Saber tooth tiger.