If i am looking for a career in solar energy and I live in Southern California, where would I want to look first?

Go to the California Energy Commissions Green Jobs site, listed below. That’s one resource. Next I’d look for any companies listed on that page to see where and what they might be hiring for.

I was able to get into the solar industry simply by replying to a listing on craigslist. Our HR manager uses everything from monster to craigslist to green job sites like GreatGreenCareers.com, CleanTech.org, or GreenJobBaron.com. Don’t forget to check LinkedIn groups on solar or renewable energy because some jobs are posted in the groups.

Are you on Twitter? Follow these folks for green jobs tweets: @careersinsolar, @solarprojobs, @greenjobsforme. We also tweet our job openings @vaillantsolar.

In addition, there are many green networking opportunities in Southern California. Check out your local US Green Building Council chapter (www.usgbc.org). Green Drinks is also another good one.

Best of luck to you in your search!