If I am an accountant for a green company do I have a green job?

It’s a matter of semantics but I suppose so. If you want to split hairs, I would tend to agree with that assessment but only if you’re only doing accounting for a green company. If you’re an accountant for many companies in addition to a green company, then I don’t think that would be enough to consider having a ‘green job’. Even without the designation of a ‘green job’, there are still things we can all do no matter what our field is to make our jobs greener.

If your primary accupation is one that contributes in some way to environmental sustainability, efficiency, or bettering climate change, then I would agree that you have a green job. The company would have difficulty running if they didn’t have an accountant and your efforts allow them to do their job, thus, your job is in a green industry. I agree with bmoney that if it is just one out of 15 companies that you work for then the circumstances are different.