If humans had “pluripotent” cells, could they grow back their damaged body parts?

1

Answers

By pluripotent cells, I am going to guess you are referring to stem cells. These kinds of cells act as “blank slate” cells, in that they can be formed and adapted into any kind of cell for the body. Theoretically, if given the proper DNA information, one could use pluripotent cells to grow certain tissues that could then in turn be grafted on the body where needed. We may even be able to grow organs from these cells one day to help people who need transplants, and won’t have to worry about organ rejection. As far as regenerating body tissue like a lizard who grows back its tail, I think we are still a long way off from such a process.