I would like to buy shoes that are sweatshop free (and sustainable is a plus). I wear prescription orthotics for pronation. I wear New Balance because they have removable insoles, but I now realize that not all of their products are made in the US. A

My personal favorite brand of shoes (okay, specifically they only make sandals, but everyone needs sandals sometime!) is Rainbow. Rainbow sandals are made in the U.S.A., and are very long lasting. My sister owned a pair for a full 5 or 6 years and they never broke or wore down. Rainbow sandals are also great for your feet, because they are made to mold to your feet after about a week of wearing them, so you probably won’t need any prescriptions to add to these or anything!

Thanks for the answer! I’ve heard good things about Rainbows. I’m really looking for some comfortable casual shoes or sneakers with a removable insoles though. Any thoughts?