I think I know a bit about this subject but I only speak to people with vested interests. I would really like to be able to speak to people who have understood the current agenda and what is wrong with it.

Could you please be a bit more specific; what do you define as “the current agenda?”  

If the “current agenda” is making money instead of building communities, then I could help you. What is wrong with this agenda is that people are being dehumanized and not respected as valuable members of society. Rather, people are simply something to be exploited by corporations whether they are convincing people to go into debt to buy lots of “must have” items or whether they are being underpaid to produce said “must have” items in sweatshops overseas. One way to get around this is to start relying on each other more locally and treating each other with respect.