I saw a post a while back about green jokes. Anyone got any new ones?

Here is the link to the old green jokes question:

http://greenanswers.com/q/136388/ideas-philosophies/polls-surveys/what-are-some-good-green-jokes

5

Answers

After spending a slightly fruitless half hour looking for green jokes (there are a lot of articles on the lack of green jokes though), the best I could come up with was:

Q: How many climate skeptics does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. Darkness is cheaper!

I was, however, recently browsing environmentally-themed comic strips – here’s one from Garfield which made me laugh:

Great question though – I’m looking forward to others answers!

I didn’t find many jokes, but I did find some amusing late night political humor:

“Here’s good news: George W. Bush says that he is committed to fighting global warming. Yeah, well, he nipped that in the bud, didn’t he? … President Bush says he’s really going to buckle down now and fight global warming. As a matter of fact, he announced today he’s sending 20,000 troops to the sun” –David Letterman

“The report on climate change said that humans are very likely making the planet warmer. To which Hillary Clinton said, ‘Hey, can’t blame me for that one.'” –Jay Leno

“President Bush has a plan. He says that if we need to, we can lower the temperature dramatically just by switching from Fahrenheit to Celsius” –Jimmy Kimmel, on fighting global warming

“According to a survey in this week’s Time magazine, 85% of Americans think global warming is happening. The other 15% work for the White House.” –Jay Leno

“Arnold Schwarzenegger is blaming man for global warming. And today, Al Gore agreed with him. That’s so typical. Two cyborgs, ‘Oh, let’s blame the humans.'” –Jay Leno

Check out this site! http://green-buzz.net/environment/10-environmental-jokes/. Some of their jokes are politically driven, others aren’t. Either way, I find that they give me a good chuckle. My favorite joke from this site is:

Two planets meet. The first one asks: “How are you?”
    “Not so well”, the second answered “I’ve got the Homo Sapiens.”
    “Don’t worry,” the other replied, “I had the same. That won’t last long.”

Another good site, consisting mostly of cartoons, is http://www.grinningplanet.com/5005/environmental-jokes-cartoons.htm.

An environmentalist dies and reports to the pearly gates. St. Peter checks his dossier and says, “Ah, you’re an environmentalist–you’re in the wrong place.” Thinking that heaven could never make an error, the environmentalist reports to the gates of hell and is let in. Pretty soon, the environmentalist gets dissatisfied with the environment in hell and starts implementing eco-friendly improvements. After a while, global warming, air and water pollution are under control. The landscape is covered with grass and plants, the food is organic, and the people are happy. The environmentalist has become a pretty popular guy. One day, God calls Satan up on the telephone and says with a sneer, “So, how’s it going down there in hell?” Satan replies, “Hey, things are going great. We’ve got clean air and water, the temperature is better and the food tastes better, and there’s no telling what this environmentalist is going to fix next.” God replies, “What??? You’ve got an environmentalist? That’s a mistake–he should never have gotten down there; send him up here.” Satan says, “No way. I like having an environmentalist on the staff, and I’m keeping him.” God says, “Send him back up here or I’ll sue.” Satan laughs uproariously and answers, “Yeah, right. And just where are you going to get a lawyer?”

Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas on your next trip by taking your next trip in kilometers.