I remember in the 70’s, Kenmore had a washing machine that would pump water back into the machine. I would use the water from the towels to wash jeans. It saved water and soap. Why are these machines not available in this day and age?

I can’t find any information on the specific model you’ve mentioned, although I can speculate about reasons why it might not be available. There is a chance that the machine’s water reusing system could only handle small loads, and larger-capacity washers are now the norm. There may have also been mechanical defects with the system that Kenmore didn’t think it was profitable to fix. And, of course, there’s the possibility that the washer was unpopular. Perhaps it was perceived to not wash things well, or its capacity was an issue even in the 1970’s.