I need a truck to pull a trailer what is a good efficient choice?

Umm. If I new if you were looking to buy a new truck or a used truck I could give you a little more help… But I found the site which will offer you all the help you need (it’s the first link)… If you are towing a large trailer you probably wouldn’t want to use just a Ford Ranger (4 cyl, 2.3 L, 2WD — that might not be adequate in the umph department [not enough power—or is it???]), but this truck tops the list at the site because it can get 27 mpg on the Highway, but it won’t get that pulling the trailer, that’s for sure. I think you’d probably want something a little bigger, perhaps consider one of the new Hybrid models if you are looking for fuel efficiency and can pay a bit more upfront:

Chevrolet Silverado 15 Hybrid 2WD  or 4WD

GMC Sierra 15 Hybrid 2WD or 4WD 

All 4 of these vehicles are rated at 22 mpg highway and 21 city. 

If you are going to be doing mainly highway driving, consider the Toyota Tacoma, which gets about 25 mph on the highway.

When you go to the link to search them, just select your year and class (I did 2010 and Pickup Trucks)

If you are looking to save some money buy a used truck from a few years back — You won’t help out the economy as much — but there are some good options: When I did a search on a 2004 truck it came back with a Mazda B2300 (2WD, 4cyl — similar to the Ranger it seems from the description) — which earns a great 27 mpg highway as well!  You can find one! Keep researching!!!