I live in the lower mainland of BC and I saw a large Black Cat. Three times as big as a domestic, and it’s sweat glands made it’s fur stand out to be at least 16” wide fluff-ball. moved life a ghost! What type was it”

Although typically reddish-brown or grey-brown in colour, there have been reports of Black cougars in British Columbia.

Black cougars originating from South America have been known to appear in British Columbia, and have been spotted in areas around North Okanagan.

Not sure if this is your cat, but it is the most likely culprit.  I am hoping a panther has not gotten out of a local Zoo.

[img_assist|nid=178651|title=Black Cougar|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=100|height=78]

“No! Whatever it was, it blew itself up by enlarging it’s fur into twice it’s size. The fur was standing out round to make a sixteen-inch width. It’s sweat glands must have been over active with the dryheat. It was not a smooth haired cat. I thought it was some kind of Linx?”