I just quit smoking is there a natural way to break up the junk in my lungs?

There are many theories and natural remedies out there on how to cleanse your lungs after quitting smoking. After doing some research, here are some that were often mentioned:ginger, horseradish and cayenne are some natural ways to clear out mucus. You can also breathe in rosemary oil dissolved in steamy water or slippery elm, thyme and garlic. You can find these in capsules or use them often in cooking. Drinking water is also always highly recommended.

I too have quit smoking recently so I am in the same boat as you are in and have searched numerous methods in order to try and help my lungs recover. One method that I found very effective is to increase the amount of cardiovascular exercise that you do. These types of exercises such as running or swimming are great ways to attain a strong and healthy heart. I was once an avid runner in high school and once I started smoking it greatly inhibited my ability to run. But after I quit I slowly started running again and building my endurance and my strength back and I’m almost back to where I was and I feel really healthy. Doing different exercises over time will help to repair the damage done to your lungs. Increase your intake of healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables will also help. These foods are essential for an overall healthy diet and contain vital nutrients like Vitamin A which has been proven to lower the risk of lung cancer.