I have some land I have been approached on for a solar farm. The company is telling me they can fit a megwatt of panels on 2.2 acres is this accurate?

This does not appear to be accurate, unless the company that has offered this has developed new solar panel technology surpassing current trends.  So far the most efficient use of solar panels, that I have found, utilized 4.5 acres for 1 megawatt.  The average would probably be closer to 8 acres for 1 megawatt.  You can check out the link and do more research on your own, but 2.2 acres producing 1 megawatt seems unrealistic.  Maybe this is referring to the potential energy that your land could produce?  Current technology only allows solar panels to capture up to 38% of the potential solar energy at best.