I have a satellite dish from DirectTV. That company leaves them connected to the house when you disconnect service. Then are removed by the homeowner and dumped curbside for trash pickup. What a waste. Does anyone collect these?

Chances are you can contact DirectTV themselves and they will take your old dish.  They may not come pick them up themselves, but if you drop it off at a store they will probably be able to either take parts of it to use in other dishes, or may be able to use the dish itself depending on the condition.  You are correct that it is a big waste, but you should be able to give it right to DirectTV if you contact them.

Thanks, I’ll try calling them again and asking specifically where I can take the dish. Maybe that will work.