I have purchased a miniature orchard comprising of four fruit trees, one Breaburn Apple tree, one Conference Pear tree, one Victoria Plum tree and one Morello Cherry tree. The trees are planted in 50 litre pots and stand about 6ft tall.

When should I buy Tar bands to combat coddling moth infestation to go on my trees. Please give me any extra tips that I may need to keep my trees healthy and give me a good yield of fruit.

I’ve linked a site that has a few tips on getting rid of these pests, but the best thing to do, in my opinion, is to talk to a tree nursery worker, and ask them what works best locally. Usually they’ll be more than happy to help you figure out the best thing, and they’ll either carry what you need or know someone who does.