I have a non-stick pan that is starting to degrade. What is the most responsible way to dispose of it?

You can try to contact the manufacturer and ask them what the best way to get rid of their pan would be. If they are unable to give you a proper answer, try taking it to your local recycling center and see if they are willing to dispose of the pan for you.  Hope this helps!

This is a great question. Unfortunately I’m not sure there is an eco-friendly method to dispose of teflon coated pans yet. I found a thread on Green Living Tips that says that they cannot be recycled yet. 

I know this isn’t helpful given your situation, but I personally try not to buy non-stick pans anymore. Beyond just the disposal issues, I’ve read a number of things that say they are unsafe if they get too hot or if they get micro scratches on them. 

It is, of course, a little harder to cook with non-non-stick pans, but I think it’s worth the peace of mind. Hope this helps at least a little bit!