I have a Golden Maple who’s leaves are turning colour and falling off the tree which is usually normal exept it’s only early July is my tree dying. What can I do. The tree was planted last fall came up nicely in spring and is now displaying these symptons

Maples are often very sun and heat sensitive. When the tips of leaves begin to turn brown and the color spreads until the leaf falls off, your tree is experiencing leaf scorch. It’s like a tree’s version of sunburn. Your tree is not dying, but you have to actively care for it to keep its condition from deteriorating.

You will want to refrain from using harsh pesticides and perhaps consult an expert about whether or not your tree can/should be fertilized. Most importantly, you will have to thoroughly water your tree to help it recover from leaf scorch. More information about leaf scorch is available at the link below.