I have DELL Inspiron 1501 and I cracked the screen. Are there hazardous chemicals that could be released because of it?



  1. 0 Votes

    It depends on what exactly cracked. If you just see a crack in your screen, but nothing is coming out of it, you’re generally safe. Screens often have many layers. I, for example, cracked the top of my screen and damaged it earlier this year, which caused quite a bit of pixel death, but nothing actually was released from my screen. If you cracked it down to the LCD and the solution is actually coming out (very unlikely. You’d know it if you did), then you should be concerned. LCD solution can be highly toxic and ought not be touched.

    As far as I can tell, cracked screens that aren’t leaking LCD solution do not release any vapors, chemicals, or dangerous particles.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!