I have a bunch of plastic containers that do not have a number (no 1 – 7). Is there something I can do to recyle them?

They were take out containers from restaurants.

If you could reuse them that would be the best.  Sometimes restaurants provide great containers, I like to use them for times when I need to bring something to a party and am not sure it will ever come back to me. 

It is frustrating to have plastics without resin codes, you want to recycle them but you are not sure if your efforts will do any good.  If you cannot reuse them, you could try calling your particular waste management company to find out what they do with items that do not have resin codes and hopefully they will have a protocol for dealing with it and maximizing the amount of plastic that gets recycled.