I bought a expensive car BMW for USD100000 plus. Used it for 1 year. I sold it for a low value. Lost 20,000 just in one year.

20,000 is big money for a poor people but not for rich parents like mine. I dont mind losing such a big amount to be glamour in this artificial world when life is short. I am not going to take with big big expensive car, house or luxuries when I die. But why I dont have heart to spend that 20,000 to poor people dying daily in this world? Like me how if many rich people give away 20,000 each ? Let me know your thoughts?

2

Answers

You really only lost $20,000 selling it used? So much for a car losing half its value when it leaves the lot.

Yeh u should also donate all your wordly possessions and lead a simpler life,maybe buddhism is for you.

Interesting question, vishallachi.  You’re right, there are probably a lot of rich people that spend a lot on their lifestyle while thinking nothing of giving any of their money away, but this is not the case for every rich person.  A lot of celebrities, for example, donate money all the time.  Here is a list of some of the donations that were made to hurricane katrina relief efforts.

-Steven Spielberg, $750,000 to the American Red Cross and $750,000 to the Bush Clinton Fund
    -Nicolas Cage, Diddy, George Clooney each donated $1 million.
    -Oprah donated $1 million through her charity, Oprah’s Angel Network
    -Hilary Duff donated $250,000.

If you visit http://www.looktothestars.org/ you can see all sorts of other rich people donating money to various causes.