How would you have handled the Oil Spill if you were the CEO of BP?

I would start by taking full responsibility for the problem. Then I would do everything in my power to organize the best oil cleaning efforts, offering temporary jobs to anyone and everyone who wants to help clean up the spill. After that, I would cease my drilling efforts in the ocean, and probably all together because it was a bad idea in the first place. But that is just me. 

I agree, i think the first step would have to be admitting that the mistake was yours and taking responsibility for that. Its not like there are too many jobs around here either, so creating part time jobs to spur on the clean up effort is also a good idea. I think a good final step would be to make sure that this does not happen again, make it seen that you are doing everything in your power to stop the spill and to make sure the same mistakes are not repeated.