How toxic is the substance used to make non-stick coatings for pots and pans? Should I throw my cookware away when the coating gets scratched up?



  1. 0 Votes

    This substances become toxic when they accumulate in the body over time. Non-stick coating is a chemical like anything else and when food is cooked in it the chemicals can seep into it when it is heated to a high enough temperature. Nonstick pans that are scratched are more toxic than regular pans, so you should probably throw away the pans that are scratched up, but keep the ones that are not scratched up. And when cleaning the pans use softer things to clean the surfaces so there is less chance for scratching.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!