How much would I have to reduce my meat intake to make a difference in the environment?

You don’t necessarily have to reduce your meat intake, just the type of meat and ways it’s grown and sold. In fact, eating more organic, grass fed, free range, and local types of meat, will send a bigger message to companies than not eating meat at all. The reality is that meat is a part of American life, and veganism isn’t going to sweep across the country any time soon. It is vital, however, to change the ways meat products are grown and sold in America. The environmental, societal (i.e. worker safety,) and health problems associated with industrialized meat production are out of control. So be more conscious when you shop, and think about the message you want to send to corporations.