How much water is taken out of rivers from evaporation?



  1. 0 Votes

    Evaporation is a constant process that contributes about 90% of the water to our atmosphere (the other 10% is contributed by plants). It’s difficult to say how much water is “taken out” of rivers, because water that evaporates isn’t gone forever. The amount of water on our planet is fixed – it’s always the same. Water simply changes forms from a gas, liquid or solid. The water cycle shows us that water that is lost through evaporation is restored through precipitation and water runoff. There are many factors that need to be determined when determining evaporation rates: water temperature, air temperature, humidity, flow and many other components.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!