How much rain comes from the ocean?



  1. 0 Votes

    In the hydrologic cycle, accounting for all water that circulates in the air, on land, or in the seas… 85% of water (rain) that evaporates and circulates into the atmosphere comes from the ocean. The other 15% of water evaporates from land. That means 92 quadrillion gallons evaporate from the ocean each year. That is a 92 with 15 zeros! At any time, the atmosphere is said to hold 25 million billion pounds of water. Not all of it will become rain, some will remain water vapor.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!