How much of our waste gets diverted from our landfills because of recycling?



  1. 0 Votes

    Rockford, Illinois in 2009 had 30% of their waste recycled or otherwise displaced while the other 70% was sent to a landfill. Information on other cities in Illinois included on the link. As for nationwide (in the bold assumption that you are an American), the second link, from 2007, has verying numbers of the regional U.S. that even bothers recycling. The numbers seem to be growing in favor of recycling. In lieu of an actual national statistic, I would say a respectful amount but still not enough.   

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!