How much of our GHG emissions come from electricity put toward lighting?



  1. 0 Votes

    I can’t find such a number, perhaps nobody ever compiled that statistics. We can get some idea, though. Out of the total energy (electricity and gas) consumption in an average household, 11% are spent on lighting. That’s about 20-22% out of electricity alone. Out of the total electricity used in offices and in healthcare, it’s 44%; education – 56%; retail and service – 59%; food service – 30%. In California, 1% of total electricity use is for street lightning, households use 31%, and businesses use 38%. All in all, it’s a pretty decent chunk.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!