How much office paper gets recycled every year?

Offices use about 4 million tons of paper every year in the U.S., and about 66% of that number is recycled.  That’s about 2.64 million tons of recycled paper.

Not enough.  Two of the last office corporations I worked for didn’t even have a recycling system in place.  All it took was a phone call to the local Waste Management to get one implemented, and it did cost a small amount but the savings from minimizing the amount of waste collected each month exceeded the cost of the program.  I can’t imagine how many businesses are not utilizing a simply recycling program.  I’m writing to legislators to propose a recycling auditor.  Some companies are already auditing other business for specific materials, like fluorescent lighting.