How much nuclear power do we make in California?

California currently has four nuclear reactors that are still operating. Two are located in Diablo Canyon while another two are in San Onofre. I cannot find a statistic on the reactors in Diablo Canyon, but this page says that San Onofre’s two reactors are providing six percent of California’s power.

The reactors in Diablo Canyon generated a total of 17,091 kwh in 2008, whereas the San Onofre reactors 15,392 kwh. I would estimate that that’s another five percent.

California is still under a ban that prevents new nuclear power plants from being constructed. It is unknown whether this ban will be lifted any time soon, but a French conglomerate called Areva has announced its intention to create a Clean Energy Park in California that will include nuclear power technology.