How much longer do you think that climate deniers will be able to claim the world is cooling?

1

Answers

As long as their amygdalas are working overtime, I don’t think that their will be an end to their denial. The amygdala is the fear center of the brain, and some people just use it more than others. Fear may prevent people from accepting the facts of climate change because they want to lead a cushy and comfortable life, and they are afraid that they will have to cut back on some of their luxuries if they admit the facts. Although amygdala studies have not been conducted on climate deniers, they have been conducted on conservatives and liberals. Psychological studies such as these could be applied to why people are denying climate change as well, and I think we would find some rather interesting differences in amydala activity.