How much longer do steel frame homes last than regular ones?

It depends. With regards to natural disasters, the steel frame does provide additional support compared to a wooden structure. Take the earthquake of 1989 near Santa Cruz, California for example. While numerous homes were destroyed, along with the majority of the downtown area, but the steel frames in place survived relatively unharmed. But that’s not to say all wooden houses were demolished. My own hand-built structure had a few cracks after all was said and done, but nothing severe. But as far as aging is concerned, the wood is going to rot away way before the steel degrades, with steel corroding at approximately 39.4 milli-inches a year, whereas wood can rot away within a few is mistreated “right”. Good luck with your research, I hope I helped. Have a green day!