How much heat does a light bulb produce



  1. 0 Votes

    The higher the wattage of a light bulb the higher temperature it gives off. The difference between incandescent and fluorescent is huge as fluorescent bulbs do not use resistance to create glow. However, the proportion of heat and light given off remains roughly the same for incandescent bulbs regardless of size. Generally, 95% of the energy generated in a bulb will manifest as heat and only the remaining 5% will produce light. This is how they use so much energy and much of it is wasted on creating heat instead of light. Halogen lamps have a slightly higher ratio of 10% as light, but fluorescent is the most energy efficient choice of bulb.  

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!