How much gasoline and water does it take for Apple to make Mac Laptop or an iPod?

It takes 230 kg of CO2 to manufacture a Macbook Pro. I’m not sure how much of that is gasoline specifically, but I do know transportation per Macbook is about 5 gallons of gasoline.

I was unable to find information about the ipod. Sorry! Maybe someone else on the site can help out?

Here is a great article comparing the carbon footprint of different Apple products, ranging from the iPod Nano at 15 kg CO2 equivalent to the 24-in iMac at 1500 kg CO2 equivalent.  

Interestingly, there is also an effort afoot to encourage product labeling to enable consumers to make these comparisons easily, and, hopefully, encourage manufacturers to decrease the greenhouse gas emissions required in their productions.  The second article linked below has more details about this effort, a brainchild of the World Resources Institute and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development.