How much fruit every day should we be eating?

It depends on a persons age, weight, and gender, but 1/2 to 2 cups of fruit and 2 1/2 to 3 of veggies is the recommended amount.  

The more the better! I am by no means vegetarian but fresh fruits and vegetables can make all the difference in the world. Diets high in fuits and vegetables have been corrolated with a drop in the risk of cancer, heart disease, and stroke. This is in addition to cataract and macular degeneration, two causes of blindness. The recommended doses will ensure everything your body should be getting, but it’s hard to get too much of a good thing in this case!

I always start my day with a fruit smoothie from Jamba Juice. Although this can be rather expensive, I always feel refreshed and energized for my day. If you aren’t able to get the recommended amount of fruit, there are several different types of “boosts” that you can get in your smoothie. These boosts range from many different types of vitamins and minerals. I’m starting to look into making my own smoothies at home as well. 

Try to eat a variety of fruits each day too. Rather than having three apples, you could have one, then mix berries and a peach into your diet. Eating more colors generally provides you with a greater variety of nutrients. Fruit is a great replacement for processed sugary snacks; since it has natural sugars, it can be very satisfying.