How much do you have to pay in Colorado if you get caught littering?

2

Answers

I found a couple of answers for that, I think the first set of numbers is for an individual county: first time litterers are fined $50-$100, second time $100-$200, and third time $175-$300.  The second source I believe is the state law, which is $20-500 for the first offense, $50-$1000 for the second, and $100-$1000 for the thrid, but obviously this can change in individual counties.

Ordinance No. 163, which deals with the prohibition of littering of public and private property, prescribes the following in the county of Weld:

“Any violation of this Ordinance is a Class II Petty Offense punishable, upon conviction, by a mandatory fine of not less than $50.00 nor more than $100.00 upon a first conviction, by a mandatory fine of not less than $100.00 nor more than $200.00 upon a second conviction, and by a mandatory fine of not less that $175.00 nor more than $300.00 upon a third or subsequent conviction.”

It’s likely that the rest of the state administers similar fines.