How much cheaper are LED lights over the lifetime of the bulb?



  1. 0 Votes

    LEDs are an excellent alternative light source ale, as LEDs consume such a small amount of wattage compared to their incandescent or even fluorescent counterparts. Consider the fact that a 1Kw high pressure sodium light is effectively replaced in terms of plant grow and area by a 300w LED light. Suprised? Don’t be. Hope I helped, and have a green day!

  2. 0 Votes

    The LED bulb has an efficiency of about 80%, meaning 80% of the electricity used is turned into light. Incandescent bulbs on the other hand have around 20% efficiency. When comparing one 100 watt incandescent bulb with LED bulb, the incandescent bulbs will cost $88 in one year, calculating with 10cents/KWh electricity costs. The LED will only cost $23 in one year. That’s $65 in one year, and incandescent bulbs will usually burn out in one year, while LEDs last for decades. LED bulbs cost from $30-100, while incandescent bulbs only a few dollars. In 10 years one LED bulb will save you around $600.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!