How many species of animals have been identified so far?



  1. 0 Votes

    1,740,330 species have been discovered so far! That includes plants, animals, and “other.” This number is always changing though! 

  2. 0 Votes

    It is not the most precise figure, but scientists estimate there are between 3 and 30 million animal species living on the planet today. Of these, 97% are invertebrates. Most of these invertebrates are insects, and there are believed to be between 1 and 30 million insect species in the world; the rest are sponges, mollusks, arthropods, annelids, platyhelminths and cnidarians. The remaining 3% of animals are the more familiar birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians and fish. 

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!