How many pumpkins are sold in America during October?

I’m not too sure on the specific numbers, but roughly around 80% of all annual pumpkin sales come from the month of October. The top pumpkin producing states are: Ilinios, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and California.

I don’t know about the exact numbers either, but in pounds there were 1.1 billion pounds of pumpkins produced in 2008. Since pumpkins vary widely in size, I have no idea how many pumpkins that would make. I would hazard a guess that the average American buys one or more pumpkins per year (maybe a lot more than one pumpkin a year if you count the little ones). Since there are approximately 300 million people in America, that would be 300 million or more pumpkins. Based on the figure of $150 million value of the industry, that would mean that pumpkin producers earn $0.50 per pumpkin. However, don’t quote me on that. That’s just me playing with the available figures. The University of Illinois has published several fun facts about pumpkins that you might find interesting: