How many platinum certified buildings are there? Which are in NYC?

While I was not able to find a figure giving the number of total number of buildings in the US that have achieved LEED Platinum certification, I did find that there are 13 Platinum certified buildings in New York CIty.  These buildings include the Democracy Now! headquarters, the Mercy Corps Action Center, and The Vanguard Chelsea.

The Visionaire, located in Battery Park City, was New York City’s first LEED Platinum certified condominiums.  One feature of the units is a master switch that allows inhabitants to turn off all lights at once before exiting.  When constructing the tower, half of all materials came form sources within a 500 mile radius of the site also reducing the project’s carbon footprint.