Evidently, the mortality rate for snake bites in the USA are incredibly low. Only about 5-6 deaths occur a year from venomous snake bites. You apparently are much more likely to die from being struck by lightning than a snake bite, which is reassuring. Although, this does not dismiss the fact that one can die from the venom. When dealing with a poisonous snake, be sure to keep back several feet, and try to avoid the snake at all costs. In the worst case scenario, and the snake attempts to bite, grabbing a snake by its neck can keep it from biting you, though this should only be used if its already upon you. If bitten, seek medical help immediately.
The mortality rate in the US is low because we have access to medical help and anti-venom. People in other parts of the world are not so lucky. An UNTREATED rattlesnake bite would most likely be fatal in almost every case.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC