How many people are color blind?

Color blindness is a recessive gene, and may not be a trait in all, but may be carried in their genetics. When a person is colorblind, it is not a total loss of color in sight usually, it is less of a pigmentation on red or green colors. I know this because I am in fact red/green colorblind. It would be extremely difficult to tell exactly how many people in the world are colorblind, as many do not even realize until tested.

Based on recorded information, approximately 5-8% of men and .5% of women are born color blind.  However, as jaksongitr has pointed out, many people who are born with color blindness do not realize it until getting tested.  There are most likely more people with color blindness than is reflected in the available statistics.