Less than 1% of all cell phones are recycled. This leaves over 99%, or 500 million phones unrecycled, which is terrible because they can be recycled, but instead contribute to toxic waste dumbs and pollute the water. This is in large part due to the short life of cellphones, with most cellphones being used for an average of 18 months before a new model is acquired.
According to this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/technology/08cell.html, 20% of cell phones are reused or recycled each year.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC