How many calories does the guy on Man V Food eat?

This dude actually just came to my school, Rutgers University to try to eat 5 ‘fat sandwiches’ which are absolutely enormous. I don’t know how many calories are in one, but I can barely finish the whole thing. Here is my favorite type to order: On a long role with: Cheese steak, mozzarella sticks (3), Chicken fingers (3), french fries, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, onions and peppers; its enormous! If you ever are at Rutgers, you have to try one!

He probably eats over 4000 calories on some days. I once saw a documentary of the obese, and some of the most over-eating people are capable of consuming 10 thousand calories in a single day! The Man V Food guy might not go that high each day… but I wouldn’t put it out of the question. He is a taker to the extreme. And I think he should have to pay a tax or fine for his over-consuming and wasteful habits, because world hunger is an issue and it’s time to do what’s right and share!

Its difficult to judge but there is one challenge where he eats a 10lb stuffed crust pizza which he shares.  The 10lb pizza would coservatively contain 16000kcals so thats 8000kcals for his half.

And I would guess some of the challenges are more than this.  There are often very thick milkshakes and fries and all added to the challenge.  I would estimate the maximum is around 12000kcals or around 4-5days worth of food in one sitting ;-(

And just to let you know my credentials are that i am a dietitian and have to advise you all against following in his footsteps.  And I hear even Adam has decided it is lunacy and thrown in the towel and given up competative eating.