In general, letting water boil for at least 5 minutes should do the trick. There are some bacteria, however, that can survive past the heat. In that case, you can add chlorine, a pressure cooker, etc. to make sure that it is REALLY sterilized, although I’m not sure that is necessary in most cases.
Though many people claim that water needs to be boiled at least 10 minutes for all the bacteria to die and for the water to become sterile, in actuality, all it really takes is getting the water to a boil. After it starts boiling, the bacteria and all the bad particles in the water are all dead, so it’s safe to drink! “Once the water has reached the boiling point there is no need to continue, and to do so is merely wasting fuel.”
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC